Thursday, October 29, 2009

Flaunt Follicles: My Nappy Roots



Before there was the movie "Good Hair" there was "My Nappy Roots". I haven't see Good Hair yet and not to knock it but "My Nappy Roots" existed loooongg before and most can agree that it's more informative and appreciative. You be the judge. I saw this about 2 years ago and it's still relevant to share with you all today. Although I have seen it before it still gave me goosebumps!

Original email from a friend of mine:

Ladies,

Regina Kimbell is a friend of mine and the creator of the documentary "My Nappy Roots.". You may have heard that Chris Rock was being sued for stealing the idea for "Good Hair" and it's Regina who showed Chris her film 3 years ago. I want to support her, as she's worked VERY hard on her project, which is INCREDIBLE and moved me to tears when I saw it.

Please help us spread this clip if you can! If you have friends with blogs, TV or radio shows, I'd love to help her get her message out!

Love & Light,

Wendy Rose Berry

I ASK THAT YOU ALL SUPPORT THIS AWARD WINNING DOCUMENTARY BY FOLLOWING ON TWITTER @mynappyroots & visitng www.MyNappyRoots.com
Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your support!

    My Nappy ROOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I had HEARD about it...but wow, never heard like the REAL story behind it all, interesting

    ReplyDelete