Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Flaunt Famous Gal: The Late Josephine Premice



I wanted to flaunt a famous gal who in her day was an accomplished broadway entertainer, singer, dancer, and actress but overall fabulous! She was a known New York socialite with a lot of chic style. This Haitian-born, Brooklyn raised fashionista was also once the muse of famous designers such as Jacques Fath and Hubert de Givenchy! Her daughter Sunsan Fales-Hill highlighted her mother in her memoir, "Always Wear Joy." She states about her mother, "Whether she was going to a black-tie event or the supermarket, her style proclaimed to the world, 'I'm an artist, a lady, and every day is a gift.'" OMG I love it!! Not only am I Haitian but I have the same mentality about dressing great wherever I go even if that means just wearing a plain T and jeans. It's really about flaunting confidence and fabulousness too!

2 comments:

  1. wow I didnt know she was Haitian...the things you learn Happy Black History Month!!!

    ReplyDelete